Whatever happens, don't go to Lola Sayong Eco-surf Camp


Do you really wanna know why? Read on, curious cat. 

1) It is located at the south eastern tip of Bicol in Luzon. It's a 14-hour butt numbing bus ride and you'll pass by gorgeous mountains and beaches along Atimonan, Quezon.

Kuya Emil playing the Ukelele. 
2) This place is so chill you wouldn't dare go anywhere else. Trust me. My plan was to check out the next day and visit some nearby provinces BUT. THAT. DIDN'T. HAPPEN. I ended up staying here from Wednesday til Friday. Lola Sayong Eco-Surf Camp is all about good times and good vibes! <3

Sleep, chill, or read a book in a hammock under the coconut trees.
3) ..and when I say chill, I mean it. No internet access (for Globe users), no TV, no fancy hotels. Disconnect yourself from social media and technology and get ready to be welcomed with something better: kubo, beach front, coconut trees, detox area where you can't smoke, drink alcohol, or play loud music. You can't use your boom-box-ala-theater-big-ass-expensive-bluetooth speakers. Instead, you'll hear the relaxing waves of the beach. Imagine how calming is that. 

Refreshing Cucumber Lemon Shake. 
4) Food looks so damn good you wouldn't want to eat it! Screw diet! They're fresh, delicious, affordable, and trust me, you'd scream for extra rice! Try their Tinapa for breakfast, Black Meal for lunch and SeaSig for Dinner. Sleep. Wake up. Repeat (or try other dishes).

Hello Everyone! 
5) THEY WON'T TREAT YOU LIKE GUESTS. Instead you'll be welcomed like a family member! <3 I may have visited the place as a solo traveler but never have I felt lonely. Lola Sayong Eco-Surf Camp is your home away from home.

Sunset. Amazing sunset.
6) There's no entertainment system. But you'll be entertained with the amazing sunset. Seriously, I'd ditch watching a hollywood film on a 55-inch 4k Oled Smart TV for this beautiful scene. 

And you know what the worst part is? 

7) LEAVING. The relationship you'll build with the people you'll meet here will definitely break your heart when you leave. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

Thank you Kayla for this awesome idea/photo. 
To everyone behind Lola Sayong Eco-Surf Camp, THANK YOU. Thank you for reminding us that it is okay to travel solo. Thank you for letting the world know that such beauty exists in one of the off-beaten paths of Bicol Region. You will always have a special spot in my heart and I swear to the amazing waves and your delicious Tinapa and Black Meal that I will definitely come back. Kuya Emil, Nico, Richard, Celvin, JP and everyone! I may not know all your names but THANK YOU SO MUCH!

***DISCLAIMER***
This isn't a sponsored/paid post. This entry was written  based on my personal experience during my stay at the camp. Itinerary will be posted soon. All photos are mine. Follow Lola Sayong Eco-Surf Camp on Facebook or visit their awesome website at www.lolasayong.org

Comments

  1. Great post! Makes me wanna pack my bag and leave the city now! Im sure u had an amazing time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've searched so many blogs about Lola Sayong Eco Surf Camp and this, by far, is the best one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment