The North Remembers


It has been over a year since I went on a solo trip to the place where broken hearts go, or the city of pines, or the summer capital of the Philippines, or simply Baguio. 

I know exactly where we celebrated our first anniversary, the place where we stayed, the restaurant we visited to have lunch, the garden where we talked about what's ahead of us, the mines view, the place where we bought fresh lettuce, and above all the that, the place we called home for three days - our happy place. 

From hours of bus ride to walking an endless road. From looking for a place to stay to hugging you real tight on that cold night. From dining in a fancy restaurant to eating Luck Me! beef noddles with fresh veggies.

It may be sad that we have taken a different route to free ourselves and to give us what we really want but I am also happy at the same time since we can now do the things we want, whatever we want, whenever we want. 

From small arguements to leave-me-alone. From birthday surprises to we-need-to-talk. From I-miss-you-everyday to let's-not-see-each-other-for-a-moment.

...from whatever-happened-back-then to let's-end-this now. Fom making plans to waving our last goodbyes.

But I am now a free soul - and so are you. I am happy now and I'm pretty sure you are too. 

I will come back to the place where we were both happy. I will wake up from these dreams that never came true. And, once I am back up there, I will smile and cherish the moment not because I am alone, but because I am happy on my own. 

It has been over a year since I last visited Baguio.

The happy place, those goodnight hugs and kisses, our happy faces, the world we shared that made us strong, that made me strong. 

I don't know if you still remember all these but I'm pretty sure the North does.

Comments

  1. It's so painful but it's beautifuly written. Heart's a tough enemy. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heart sure is a tough enemy. I'm doing well now, Anon! Thanks (whoever you may be)!

      Delete
  2. Heart breaking. Tagos sa buto. Whatever happened between you two, it's for the best. I admire your blog. I've been a fan since you started this. I wish I could stop being Anonymous, kaso baka hindi mo ako pansinin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anon! Thanks for visiting. Agreed - whatever happened was for the best. What made you think hindi kita papansinin? You can send me an email :)

      Delete

Post a Comment