San Juan, La Union: 3D2N Biglaang Trip




It was Wednesday evening when I decided to fill my 40L Rhinox bag with random clothes and travel stuff. I have decided to go to Batangas right after my 9Pm-6Am shift as it had been a crazy workweek for me. My original plan was to go to Mt. Manabu for a quick day hike then go to Laiya Batangas.

But all that hiking-then-beach-bumming plan got cancelled when it rained a little after midnight during my shift. Ayaw yata ng tadhana na paakyatin ako ng bundok or pumunta sa Batangas. Then suddenly, a thought came in: I havent surfed in ages and I've only done it once. Maybe I should give it a try?

That's when I decided to go to Cubao and hop on a bus going to Laoag. My destination? San Juan, La Union - tagged as Norte's surfing capital.




After 5 and a half hours of butt numbing bus ride, I finally reached La Union. The bus I was on (Partas) left Cubao at 9:00AM and I reached La Union at 2:30PM. I was tired and hungry as I came from a 9PM-6AM shift so when I reached La Union, I immediately looked for a place to eat.


I've been hearing a lot about this place called The Circle Hostel so I decided to give it a try - and I was't disappointed. Its a massive piece of art! Drawings everywhere. There are no rooms here - only hammocks and bedbunks. They have a common area where guests hang out. Its a pretty chillax place to stay. This was where I met Mark from Holland. They charge Php450 for hammocks and Php550 for bed bunks. A Php100 deposit is required. Lockers are available but you have to use your own padlocks.

Sarap mag surf, bes! The best ang feeling. 

I also had the chance to meet the people of RFG. Kuya, the owner, was kind enough to provide a room for me for a very affordabe price. It was also their business' Christmas Party and I was lucky I was invited! 
RFG Rooms for rent. 

So if you are looking for a quick getaway far from the busy and stressful city life, going to La Union isn't a bad choice, really. Kung pwede lang mag extend, nag extend na ako!

Before hopping on a bus going to Manila, I decided to visit Ma-Cho Temple since its just a minute away from the terminal.

Day01 (I left Cubao at 9AM and arrived in La Union before 3PM)
Cubao to La Union - Php420 (Partas Terminal)
Circle Hostel - Php550
Dinner - Php200

Day02
Breakfast - Php98
RFG Room - Php400
Surf - Php400*
Lunch - Php85
Dinner - Free

Day03
Breakfast - Php95
RFG to Partas Terminal - Php10
La Union to Cubao - (Php410)

*400/hr with instructor, 200/hr without instructor, 800/day board rental 6AM-6PM

Comments