Siquijor - Isla de Fuego


Siquijor, also called as Isla del Fuego, is not just about black magic, witchcraft and scary stories. Being the third smallest province in the Philippines, Siquijor offers white beaches, refreshing waterfalls, old churches and a whole lot more.

I left cebu at half past 7AM and went straight to Pier to catch a ferry going to Siquijor. Apparently, I was advised that the ferry ride will take about half a day (as it will pass by Bohol) and would cost Php1,400.00. Aray ko, beh.

I was told I can ride a bus in South Bus terminal to Dumaguete which will take abou six hours and from Dumaguete, I can hop on a ferry going to Siquijor for about 1 hour.

Maybe luck wasn't on my side as when I reached the bus terminal, the bus going to Dumaguete had left already. Kingina bes, pati bus iniwan ako. Luckily, one of the bus operators told me I can ride a bus going to Liloan, then ride a ferry going to Dumaguete and from Dumaguete, another ferry going to Siquijor.

Bus ride from Cebu going to Liloan took me about 4 hours. From Liloan port, I took a ferry going to Dumaguete for 15 minutes. From Dumaguete, travel time going to Siquijor was 1.5hrs (regular) or 45 mins (fastcraft).



You don't really need a solid itinerary in Siquijor. Once at the port, tricycke drivers will approach you and will offer an island tour. They have a fixed rate of Php1,000.00 good for 3 pax. Being a really small island, you can tour Siquijor in just a day. Since I arrived late in the afternoon, I decided to spend the night and do the tour the next day.

I stayrd at Xylla's guesthouse in Lazi. Its about 30 mins trike ride from the port. Clean room, spacious bed, private cr, big dining area - for 500/night (for two). You may contact Xylla's Guesthouse at 09068592606.

Xylla's Guesthouse. Lazi, Siquijor
The famous places to visit in Siquijor are the Cambugahay Falls, Salagdoong beach, Mt. Bandilaan, Old Balete tree and the old Churches.


 An old church in Siquijor. I didn't take a photo inside the church as there was an ongoing mass.

The Enchanted Old Balete Tree. One of the locals told me this tree is about 450 years old. 

Souvenir Shop. Voodoo dolls, love potions, ointments, keychains and so much more. Yung matagal mo ng crush, gamitan na ng love potion yan. Yung hayop mong ex, pakulam mo bes. Haha. Dejoke lang.

Cambugahay Falls. Look at that gatorade-like refreshing water! There's no entrance fee but you can give donations to the locals who are keeping the place clean and safe.

My overall experiencr in Siquijor was beyond fantastic. I wish I stayed longer but time wasn't on my side :( #Sepanx besss!

HOW TO GO TO SIQUIJOR
The easiest way to get to Siquijor from Manila is by booking a flight to Dumaguete. From Dumaguete, go to Dumaguete port and look for ferries bound to Siquijor. Fastcraft costs P210 and ride takes about 45mins. Regular costs P130 and takes about an hour and a half.

If you are coming from Cebu, ride a bus in south bus terminal going to Dumaguete. If you missed the bus, take a bus going Liloan. From Liloan port, ride a ferry going to Sibulan port (travel time 15mins, ticket costs P62). From Sibulan port, ride a trike going to Dumaguete Port.

Comments

  1. Hi! Wonderful blog! I've been so Siquijor too and enjoyed my stay therem you should have stayed a bit longer to fully enjoy what Siquijor has to offer! Ingat palagi sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Oo nga. Time wasn't on my side kaya 2 days lang ako sa Siquijor. But will definitely visit again!

      Delete
  2. I still don't understand why people are so scared of Siquijor. Congrats on your visit, sir! Only a few people are brave enough to visit this majestic island! I will forever be inlove with Siquijor. -Leeroy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its also a good thing para hindi puntahan at dumugin ng mga tao baka masira lang ang Siquijor tulad ng ibang lugar. Hehe. And I, too, will be forever in love with Siquijor!

      Delete
  3. Thanks sa info sir drei. Punta kami sa Siquijor sa isang bwan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      Sorry ngayon ko lang nakita mga comments sa post na to. Hopr you had fun! Share your experience with us!

      Delete

Post a Comment