How to make ipon so you can make gala. Tipid travel tips from a budgetarian traveler.


I often get asked how can I travel and save money at the same time. Most people may think my pay check is as high as my enemy's ego or I am from a well off family. That is, of course, absolutely not true.
There are so many things you can do to save money so you can travel despite the heart-attack-inducing bills you have to pay each month (mobile phone bills, internet, electricity, etc).

Here are some tips I would like to share to help you manage your expenses so you can enjoy traveling without damaging your bank account.



1. Everytime my paycheck comes in, I often splurge $ on things I don't really need then save the money I have left (if there's any). I learned that if I reverse this method of saving, there's a really huge chance for me to save more money. It's possible and I've done it and I'm still doing it. So when my paycheck comes in, I save 20% of my salary for my travel funds, and spend my remaining money for my personal needs. With this method, I am sure that I have a fixed amount of money I can save every paycheck that I can use for my future travels.

2. Don't be the biggest dickhead-social-climber in the world.

3. Lay off the fancy coffee shops and live with just a regular coffee. Most jobs offer free coffee for their employees. Take advantage of this instead of buying your fancy frappuccino everyday. Spending almost Php200.00 for a cup of coffee is a big deal for me.

4. Sell the things you don't need. May it be an old bag you no longer use or a spare gadget or old books. Instead of letting these things rot in your room - sell them!

5. Sideline ka, bes. While I haven't done this, I know a lot of people who have. Teaching English online for 4 hours a day can help you earn as much as Php20,000.00 monthly. Woo! That's-a-loadsa-moolah! But of course, don't over exaust yourself. Only do this if you have the time.

6. Little things count. I started this method a few months back. I always save my Php10.00 coins. I don't spend them - I save them. You'll be surprised how Php10.00 coins, when saved, can turn into thousands in just a few months.

7. Spend less on alaks and cigarettes. If you can finish a pack of cig in a day, try to make it last for two days. Let's say a pack of cig costs Php80.00, in ten days, that's Php800.00. So Imagine if you will only buy a pack evey two days, in 10 days, that's only Php400.00. You're not just saving money here - your saving your life too! ;)

8. Don't buy things you don't need. Pretty much self explanatory, don't you think?

9. Take advantage of seat sales! Travel dates may look sooooo far ahead but you will barely notice it as time flies real fast.

I hope these travel tipid tips can help you save money so you can travel without really worrying about money.

Happy travels!

Comments